Fruit Frenzy

Did everyone enjoy your Chinese New Year holidays? Mine was great! I called on many relatives and friends whom I haven't seen for ages. I also ate like I haven't in ages XD I've lost count of the number of mini meals I've had for each day! I hope all that moving around makes up for the weight I might have piled on! But I haven't had a proper night's sleep because I've been staying up all night to play mahjong! At least the information in my previous post will come in handy.

After all the misdeeds I've done to myself over CNY, I've made a resolution to increase my fruit intake. So I'd like to share some information I have about fruit juices in case there are others who share my resolution.

Fruits are highly nourishing for skin especially since its rich in Vitamin Cs and healthy (well maybe with the exception of durians). That’s why I always try to drink fruit juices instead of caffeine products like coffee and tea! Different fruits contain different nutrition levels and are hence more adept at serving different purposes. For optimal beauty results, choose the one that serves yours!


In the following, I’ve listed ingredients needed to make each type of fruit juice. Just remove their skins, cube them and put them into the juicer!

Reduce breakouts for people with Oily Skin
You will need ½ a medium-sized apple, ¼ of a lemon and a few small slice of carrots (by preference).

Even
skin pigmentation
¼ of a whole pineapple, ½ a stick of celery, ½ a tomato.

Nourishing weak immune system
1 orange, ¼ of a medium-sized cabbage, 1 stalk of coriander

Mild Hair loss
2 stalks of Chinese Lettuce (remove leaves), 1 medium-sized piece of ginger, a small carrot, an apple and 1/3 of a lemon.

Digestion and rosy skin
1 tomato, half a lime. You don’t need a juicer to mix them up. Simply squeeze out their juices into a cup and mix them up properly.

Relieving exhaustion, lightening of pigment and acne scarring
¼ of a pineapple, ½ of a bittergourd, 3 guavas

It is important that you use fresh fruits, and drink them right after juicing where they are still fresh! Some fruits undergo oxidation upon exposure and that causes nutrient loss!
0 Responses